We're looking for artists for our new Series 5 set of tattoos and have decided to host an art contest to attract new talent. Whether you're experienced or not, we want to see your work! We have a list of designs below which we need new, original art for, and you are more than welcome to send us art for those subjects, or other subjects.
1st Prize - $500, a Top 50 Franchise Kit & 100 commercial quality temp tattoos of your design
2nd Prize - $100, a Top 50 Franchise Kit & 100 commercial quality temp tattoos of your design
3rd Prize – A Top 50 Franchise Kit & 100 commercial quality temp tattoos of your design
• Panda Bear
• Angel Wings
• 'Naughty Hottie' (text)
• 6" x 2.5" Back Pieces (feminine or masculine)
• Larger signature pieces (size to be determined, but about 12" x 9")
• Tribal art with a 'stone' look to them
• Earth (A Globe)
(This list will be updated...keep checking!)
Tips for Designing Temporary Tattoos:
• Artwork should be iconic or symbolic...they end up being the best sellers.
• For Black-only designs, do not use a 100% black color...use a dark gray of about 90-95% black. 100% black tattoos look unrealistic and overly shiny.
• Design your tattoos around not using the color white...any white areas in your design will be transparent.
• Tribal designs are always in high demand, and to get examples of design styles, look around our tattoo galleries.
All art must be submitted to Body Graphics by Hallowe'en 2005 (October 31st). On that date, we will be judging the artwork.
Art could be either submitted as original art via mail or digital art via e-mail. Keep in mind a few things about digital artwork...a tattoo's texture is very important and we always recommend doing art by hand, and then scanning as opposed to creating it 100% digitally. This eliminates the hard-edged, computerized look that ends up making the tattoo look unrealistic. If possible, please scan in all images as TIFF files at 300 DPI.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All art submitted becomes the property of Body Graphics. Artists who have previously done artwork for Body Graphics cannot participate in this contest